9/11 - Key Issue of our Time
War is illegal - International Declaration
Against a background of escalating ecological crises, and the fact that large parts of the world´s population are being exposed to extreme poverty, inhuman working conditions and increasing social tensions, the annual global military expenditure has risen to more than 1000 billion dollars.
The military-industrial complex of just a few G8 countries is responsible for the overwhelming part of this spending, causing incalcuable social and ecological consequences.
Unequal distribution of global resources, increasingly controlled by large multinational companies, global debt policy and unfair international trading practices ultimately could not be maintained without military security. In many countries the military is used to repress critical opposition.
The terror attacks of September 11, 2001 are increasingly used to justify systematic surveillance and the dismantling of constitutional rights. Even European countries have helped to establish Guantanomo-like secret prisons, where torture in all probability takes place.
Iraq was attacked based on falsified evidence causing the death of hundreds of thousands of people, widespread destruction, destabilization and contamination with cancer-causing depleted uranium munitions.
Now plans to attack Iran and the possibility of a new World War have been made public, meeting resistance even from moderate elements within the military due to the unforeseeable consequences.
Faced with the choice between a war, that according to some western leaders, will last for many years or a possible peaceful transformation we support the following demands:
1) Impeachment proceedings against US President Bush and US Vice President Cheney before the 2008 election, a demand raised in solidarity with large parts of the US public and some members of US Congress. Furthermore prosecution by the International Court of Justice of G. W. Bush, R. Cheney and other officials from various countries for waging wars of aggression contrary to international law and committing crimes against humanity.
2) International investigation of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks. They are used as the central justification for the "War on Terror", but well documented evidence shows that the official explanation of 9/11 cannot be correct. International personalities in science, politics, and culture, including high-ranking military veterans, have called for a new investigation.
3) Immediate military withdrawal from Afghanistan and Iraq, and no attack against Iran. International prohibition of war as a means of conflict resolution. Military intervention and export of weapons should be criminalized.
In a civilized society torture must be prohibited in any form.
4) Conversion of military industries to civilian purposes and the development of ecological and sustainable energy resources. According to the UN environmental agency, a fraction of the annual global defence expenditure could ensure that all humans have access to clean water and a basic supply of food and healthcare.
This statement is based on a commitment to non-violence and tolerance of all ethnic groups and religions. Two devastating World Wars and historical catastrophes like the Nazi Holocaust must always remind us of the worst consequences of nationalism, racism and incitement to war.
by now more than 1100 signatories online:
From TruthAction.org - Mission Statement and Guiding Principles
truthaction.org is dedicated to achieving justice for the crimes of 9/11. To this end our primary focus is promoting activism to raise awareness about the lies of the official 9/11 story and to push for an independent criminal investigation into those events.
It is our aim to grow the movement for truth on a global level through the promotion of International Days of Truth Action on the Eleventh Day of Every Month and to encourage and support everyday activism.
We aim to put an end to the global war on terror by exposing the truth about its foundational myth. 9/11 truth is the key to stopping the global war machine.
We aim to restore our rights and civil liberties and repeal all laws based on 9/11 propaganda.
The 9/11 Truth Movement is at the forefront of the global movements for justice and peace and we will continue to build bridges with our natural allies within these movements.
truthaction.org is a wholly peaceful organisation and we totally reject violence in activism.
Recommendations for 9/11 Truth Activism
We support the following:
1. A dedication to rational, dignified and nonviolent activism and debate motivated by compassion, justice and truth
2. Awareness of public perception and the need for a strategic and responsible promotion and presentation of our cause
3. A commitment to building credibility and encouraging constructive alliances with the peace movement and other natural allies
4. Adherence to the scientific method and journalistic standards with a focus on facts, substance, and sources
5. Continually reaching out to new people in new places and in new ways
Conversely, we will actively seek to counteract, minimize and withdraw from the following:
1. Motivations based on ego, hatred and personal agendas
2. Promotion of speculative and unsubstantiated claims
3. Disruptive, divisive, diversionary and irrational behavior
4. Damaging and marginalizing associations
5. Highly partisan representations of the movement and cults of personality
6. Ongoing debate on divisive issues (see section on divisive issues)
We will engage others in the movement to make them aware of our recommendations, developing constructive dialogue while raising awareness of them and the reasoning behind them, while being open to critique and revision. We will disengage from groups and persons that continue with destructive or divisive behavior.
Dealing with destructive and divisive behavior
1) Identify and critique behavior that is harmful to the movement (i.e. speculative theories without evidence and activists who engage in disruptive behavior, divisive incidents, etc). Challenge leaders who unreasonably continue to support and tolerate such damaging behavior.
2) Refuse to debate solidly debunked theories by simply referencing responsible websites, articles, and blogs which have already refuted such claims
3) Discourage unnecessary and unproductive antagonism (i.e. infighting, personal attacks, gossip, etc.) that wastes time and causes divisiveness.
4) Avoid the divisive labeling of individuals and groups.(i.e. shill, agent etc)
5) Be aware and vigilant concerning the presence of agent provocateurs within the movement. Do not engage in witch hunts or unsubstantiated accusations. Treat those who continually, and despite consultation, act in word and deed in the manner of agent provocateurs, as such. While these people can rarely be proven to be agents, they should be treated as counterproductive and untrustworthy. Such groups and individuals should not be engaged in unproductive ways, such as aggression, name-calling, personal attacks, etc. Instead, the substance of their destructive behavior should be detailed, after which they should be avoided when possible. If appropriate, exclusionary action (banning from forums or groups, removal of links from websites, cancellation of speaking engagements etc.) or in extreme cases legal action should be taken.
6) Do not allow the proliferation of irresponsible information or damaging behavior simply because the individuals or groups in question maintain a certain reputation or notoriety within the movement. The fact that someone may “have done good work in the past” is never a valid excuse to tolerate damaging participation in the present. The movement must be about truth and justice rather than character and popularity.
In Summary: It is in our experience that group unity is not achieved by ignoring divisiveness. It is achieved through civil critique and a constructive response to the disruptive behavior.
1. Debunked Theories
We recognize an important distinction between private speculation and public promotion. Speculation, hypothesis, and experimentation are the basis of the scientific method. However, the promotion of highly speculative claims is irresponsible and damaging to our credibility. Instead, verifiable fact-based research must be primary in our search for and promotion of the truth. For these reasons we do not support the promotion or debate of the following during activism or blogging:
1. No planes hit the WTC towers
2. Directed Energy Weapons were used to demolish the towers
3. Theories based on inconclusive video and photographic evidence
2. Off Topic Associations
Some associations that are damaging and marginalizing to the movement are listed below. It is a historical fact that the mere mention of these topics has been seen to cause us long term damage. Consequently it is considered by TruthAction.org that only a clear focus on 9/11 fact based evidence will achieve our goals.
1. UFO and alien theories
2. Holocaust revisionism
3. Religion based conspiracy theories
4. Moon landing hoax
Note: It is often a method of the media to bait us on various conspiracy theories in an attempt to discredit us. We suggest any questions on unrelated subjects should not be responded to; rather we should redirect the conversation back to the hard evidence regarding 9/11. This approach is also appropriate with the public.
3. What hit the Pentagon?
The question of "what hit the pentagon" has been the single most divisive issue within the movement, but we can all agree that absolutely nothing could have hit the Pentagon without those in charge allowing it to happen. While we support ongoing research into the event, we urge unity on our common ground; refocusing energy towards demanding accountability and away from endless debate. We urge framing our public presentation of the Pentagon issue around unanimously agreed upon issues such as the absent air defense, the missing 2.3 trillion dollars, the conflicting testimonies, the inconsistencies regarding the official flight path of AA77, the very low probability of an amateur pilot achieving the maneuver seen and the refusal by government agencies to release evidence.
4. Global Warming
It has become apparent during attempts to reach out to environmentalists in our communities that questioning the veracity of man made global warming has prevented many in this group from continuing dialog with us. We suggest these “off topic” assertions or debates should not be brought to the public domain during 9/11 truth outreach. truthaction.org as a group holds no particular view on this issue.
Many activists came together to make these recommendations possible. We have all had direct experience with behavior and information that has impeded our cause. Thus we hope this document will help the 9/11 truth movement to achieve greater unity and focus. We encourage activists to cite and link to these recommendations as a standard response to diversionary and disruptive behavior. Hopefully, this will allow us to move beyond some of our major obstacles to spreading truth and securing justice.
Yukihisa Fujita addresses Oz 2008 911 Truth Conference
Japanese MP Yukihisa Fujita of the Democratic Party of Japan, a member of the House of Councillors in the Diet of Japan is the single most important person to step forward to ask hard questions about 9/11 and the “War on Terror” this year. Among the many topics he covered, he called upon the 9/11 Truth movement to extend their presence beyond the Internet to the masses. He recommended the showing of films in public concerning 9/11 so as to create an awareness concerning the realities of September 11, 2001
Steve Alten's "The Shell Game" ties Peak Oil to 9/11, providing a false rationale of oil-theft and masking a much darker motive.
Alten introduces us to peak oil, the point in time when no amount of technical augmentation, investment, increased exploration, conservation, government intervention or market forces can increase worldwide oil production. Peak oil is the tipping point when demand for oil exceeds an ever-decreasing oil supply.The Altenian after-oil vision is one of mass starvation, a worldwide 5-billion human die-off, nuclear resource wars and an economic depression that make’s great granddad’s tough times in the 30s look like the Reagan years—well, that is, just the good parts.
More on Steve Alten:
- Interview with Alex Jones - right click, save target as...
- CBS Radio Interview
- Buy the book at amazon.com
The editor of 911oz does not accept the idea that our planet is in the throes of unprecedented resource depletion, an idea which appears to be central to the plot of The Shell Game. It is unfortunate that the book promotes what I consider to be a grand deception - namely that of artificial scarcity - often used in the past by waning Empires to consolidate power and monopolies.
The result of the destruction of Iraq (and potentially Iran) is merely to turn off the spigot - to limit supply of a resource. Therefore, the argument that these wars are driven by desperation to get access to dwindling reserves of oil is not very compelling. There is a stronger case to say that these wars are about empire building, with the resources issue being used as a focal point and even deliberately fed to us as a justification.
This argument is (in the minds of the dumbed-down masses) like your daddy stealing from your neighbour in order to put food on the table. It's morally bad in an absolute sense, but since we are the recipients of the benefit we might be more likely to turn a blind eye to the moral issues. The same argument was used by the Howard government in Australia for over a decade, and allowed the government to get away with a massive amount of fraud on the Australian people. The people continued to vote Howard back in because, despite the dishonesty, the perception was that he was improving the welfare of the average person - which of course was a lie, but it is only the perception that counts.
The same applies to the oil-theft arguments. Daddy Bush is supposedly stealing oil from Iraq in order to fuel our SUVs. This is again a fake argument, and the reality is that his wars are directly causing the price of oil to sky rocket, but, again, it is only the perception that counts, and the perception is that it is somehow "for us". This, I believe hilights the main problem with Steve Alten's novel.
I found it surprising and suspicious that the CBS interview with Steve Alten was preceded by an interview with the US president of Shell who totally debunked the Peak Oil theory as a "myth" shortly before Alten was interviewed.
So if not oil, then what is the driver behind these wars?
It is certain that these wars are driven by greed, but greed in the form - "what the empire can't control it will destroy".
There are precedents for this in history, cf. The Nutmeg Wars:
Between 1605 and 1621 the Dutch managed to drive the Portuguese out of the Spice Islands, giving the Netherlands a virtual monopoly of the trade in nutmeg and cloves. They concentrated their cultivation of nutmeg trees on the islands of Banda and Amboina, and of cloves on Amboina; a scheme was conceived in 1651 to uproot all nutmeg and clove trees on the remaining islands so that the monopoly would be complete and easier to maintain. The penalty of death for possessing, selling, or secretly cultivating cloves or nutmegs forced the natives of the Spice Islands to accept this plan. By 1681 approximately three-fourths of the nutmeg and clove trees of the Moluccas had been destroyed, thus creating an artificial scarcity of these spices in Europe, and driving prices up for the benefit of the Dutch East India Company.
Although I was initially positive about The Shell Game, it now appears to me to be inadvertently part of the general psyop of our times, providing a rationale for the worldwide destruction of democratic civilisation.
Alten is nonetheless a good speaker and the interview with Jim Bohanon was certainly an ice-breaker, but tying 9/11 Truth to Peak Oil is in my view both unnecessary and wrong.
I think that the oil-theft motive is perhaps fine for the purposes of an airport suspense novel, but it is insufficient for explaining the machinations behind 9/11 and the War On Terror. There is so much evidence that these acts of aggression are part of a long term plan (which goes back way before the issues of resource depletion became prevalent) for the consolidation of hegemonic power by a parasitic alliance of corporate and political elites, better known as "corporatism" or the "New World Order".
In brief, access to oil is a lame justification, used by Bush Senior in the first Gulf War, which never made any sense as there was never an issue getting the oil. The NWO on the other hand provides the rationale in the creation of trans-national super-states and the abolition of the tradition of liberal democracy which is the basis of our society.
Peak Oil is just a cover-story and will soon be forgotten.