Conspiracy theory: exploring the outer limits with Damon Crowe
DISCLAIMER: During the show Damon Crowe made allegations which the persons concerned may find defamatory. These allegations should not be construed as reflecting the views of TNRA or its affiliates.
In this week's show we plunge into murky waters with Damon Crowe, as we look at some fringe conspiracies, analyse breaking news and speculate on the outer limits of deception.
We take a fresh look at the concept of "cognitive infiltration", a term coined by Obama advisor Cass Sunstein, to describe ways in which government might use deceptive techniques to infiltrate and influence anti-government activist groups and conspiracy theorists.
News covered in tonight's show includes the ongoing extradition saga of Julian Assange and BBC hoax coverage of the Syrian conflict.
- First interview with an eyewitness of the Houla massacre
- BBC News uses 'Iraq photo to illustrate Syrian massacre'
- US denies Assange 'secret warrant'
- VIDEO: Supreme Court dismiss WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's extradition appeal
- Australian government denies knowledge of US extradition proceedings against Assange
- Mount Yengo | Spiritual significance to the Aboriginal people
- Cass Sunstein paper on conspiracy theories
- Obama confidant’s spine-chilling proposal